Thank You for visiting the First National Bank of Eastern Arkansas.
Eastern Arkansas' largest independently owned bank.
It took a lot of courage to open a bank in Eastern Arkansas in 1886. Forrest City at that time was merely a little settlement of 500 people. In those days the state of Arkansas was considered as far away as Timbuktu. Those who did travel this far arrived by railway or on foot or horseback.
First National Bank of Eastern Arkansas was chartered in 1886. It was the first and only bank between Helena, Arkansas and Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Since then there have been over 130 years of service and growth, uninterrupted by any panic or depression. There has never been a time when a depositor couldn't get his money - in cash - from First National Bank of Eastern Arkansas. In its long history, the bank has never failed to pay a dividend during each year.
Courage and confidence has been displayed by the bank's officers and directors throughout its history. A heritage of courage has resulted in this pioneer bank being recognized all over the United States as one of the most progressive banking institutions in the country. The bank has grown from total resources of $72,856.13 in 1887 to nearly 400 million dollars today. There are now 14 locations to serve people in Forrest City and the surrounding area, including branches in Arkansas: St. Francis, Crittenden, Lee, Cross, Mississippi, and Monroe counties; in Tennessee: Shelby County.